
Every year, our ward has their annual Cake auction to raise a little extra money for the young women and young men to go on their summer camping trips! It's a pretty big thing in the ward, and everyone gets pretty excited about it! Last year was our first year attending, and I was shocked at how high the cakes would sell! I think one item last year even sold for $100.00! I was blown away! So I knew I wanted to make an item to help out with the auction (since I can't afford a cake for a price of $50.00-$100.00!). I was going to make my moms homemade strawberry pie, but then Adam (Sr.) suggested to try and make something healthy with all fruit!
I didn't really know what do for a while, but then came up with this crazy idea to try and make my own fruit bouquet! Well, I did it, and I might say it looks pretty darn good! I had my friend help me, since she had a little experience working in the floral arrangment industry! It was really fun to make! I don't know if you can tell by the photo, but I even added some chocolate dipped strawberries to it! A little on the expensive side, but I had a blast making it.
I couldn't set the bouquet out where everyone could see it cause, I wanted to keep it refrigerated, but I put a tag out on the table to announce at least what I had made! When the time came for the auction, I went and pulled it out of the fridge. Several people were so impressed with my work, and wondered when I learned the art of making fruit bouquets! I had to tell them that I took a 10 min. crash course on the computer, called YOUTUBE! When it came time for the bouquet to be auctioned off, it started with a bid of $20.00 and right away jumped up to $35.00! I was so happy! But it won witht the top bid of $60.00! It was the highest winning item of the night, along with a famouse german cake that also sold for $60.00! I have to say I was very excited and proud of myself to actually make it look so cute!
.jpg)
I also made this really yummy dip to go along with the bouquet! Cream cheese, Marshmollow cream and fresh strawberries! So GOOD!




5 comments:
That is amazing, you did such a good job!
Yay! I'm so glad to finally see the picture! And the dip bowl turned out super cute as well. I have to tell you I'm impressed with your ambition little sis....you are starting to remind me of somebody...oh me 5 years ago! NOw I'm just a lazy pregnant mommy! Love ya!
Great job! I've been wanting to make one of those. I'll have to check out you tube, although I have a feeling mine won't turn out as well as yours.
Hey Janine, Great Job on your fruit bouquet! It looks really great and tasty. I would love to taste it. I bet the fruit is good.
That is dang cute, I would proud of too. ha ha. Good job!
Post a Comment