Sunday, August 17, 2008

Camping in Diamond Fork (8-13-08)

We decided to take a family camping trip and had asked Adams family to join us. We were very excited to go, but last minute, Adams mom, was not feeling so well, so she and Ben (Adams youngest brother)stayed home, Nedra was so bummed that she couldn't go. But Warren, my father in-law, had already taken the time off work, so he came along. We went to Diamond Fork Canyon just close to Spanish Fork. We spent 2 nights there. The first night was not so fun. Cooper screamed the whole night! He was up and down, all night. I finally got him out of his crib to sleep with me, and finally went to sleep, but then I didn't get any sleep, cause he kept moving and taking the whole pad space! The second night, was alot better, he slept the whole night. Since we were up there for 2 days, we had to come up with things for the kids to do, to keep them busy. We played games, (jr. loves to play games), we played in the river and threw rocks (i think we did that for hours!) we also did smores and popcorn! We went on several little nature walks, and we saw lizards, deer and their baby fawns. All in all, it was so great to get out, and be away from it all! I really enjoy camping, and we hadn't been since Adam and I first got married! It was a much needed trip! On our last day, we cleaned up, packed up, and then we decided to drive up the canyon, and see what else there was to see. We found this really cool mountain that had a trail. I couldn't go as the boys, cause cooper was sleeping in the truck, but what I did see was pretty cool. I felt like I was climbing up in the arches!
P.S. Sorry there are so many pictures, but with 2 full days of camping, and 2 cute boys, there is alot to show!




Adam, TRYING to teach cooper about the danger of fire!!!!!


Cooper was in his element. He was loving the fact that he could get as dirty as he wanted, and I didn't stop him.


Jr. Throwing rocks in the river!!! He did it for hours!


Playing Jenga with dad and grandpa


I loved this picture! I rarely get a good smile out of him!


I don't really like this picture of me, but it's a cheese smile!


Dad & Jr. playing


playing in the river!


The boys helping to make dinner (okay, not really, but thats what they thought)


Eating Popcorn


Climbing the Mountain

1 comment:

Erika said...

That looks like so much fun! I have yet to be daring enough to take Kayleigh camping. We always went as a family growing up, but Michael isn't much of a camper.